[3830] CQWW CW 3W2ER(G4ZFE) SOAB LP

richard at babbage.demon.co.uk richard at babbage.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 05:32:05 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 3W2ER
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ho Chi Minh City

  160:      0      0
   80:      0      0      0
   40:      0      0      0
   20:    465     31     81
   15:    394     30     66
   10:    737     27     83
-------------------------------
Total:   1596     88    230  =  1,151,796

Club/Team:

Comments:

Good learning experience.

High Points:
o The good runs
o The condx on Sunday evening
o Chance to play radio

Low Points:
o The local city QRM! S5 during the day and S9+ from 18:00 to 00:00 (local)
when the neon lights were switched on! Apologies to any calling stations below
the local noise level that I just could not hear.
o Constantly losing my run frequency to HP stations
o Sending wobbly CW for the first 10 hours until I discovered that the PCMCIA
network card on my laptop was the problem.

QSLs will be printed in January when I return to Malaysia.

Log search will be ready in the next few days as well as some contest audio.

http://www.babbage.demon.co.uk

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE, 3W2ER

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com