[3830] NA Sprint RTTY N0HR(@K0GVG) LP

n0hr at arrl.net n0hr at arrl.net
Mon Oct 15 10:45:56 EDT 2001

                     NA Sprint - RTTY

Call: N0HR
Operator:
Station: K0GVG

Power: LP
QTH: IA

   80:      1
   40:     49
   20:     45
----------------------
Total:     95 Qs   23 Mults =  2,185

Club/Team:

Comments:

My first attempt in this contest. Had a good time, but wish there was a little
more activity. I read the quirky rules several times before (and during) this
contest - and was still scratching my head as people either didn't QSY or
didn't know the exchange. Oh well...

As I am in the process of showing my QTH (it's for sale), my XYL is enforcing a
strict antenna ban. So, for this one, I drove 45 minutes to op from my parents'
house. First contest effort from dad's (KØGVG) modest shack in quite some time.
Definately less than ideal contesting setup/condx(little pistol!), but I really
wanted to get a feel for this contest and my expectations weren't too high.
Dad's ground-mounted vertical (he's quite proud of) is surrounded on three
sides in a small backyard (2 story house, and power-lines to the east & south).
35' away, a noisy pole-mounted transformer can spews S-6 noise. Anyway, thanks
for the fills and the dupe rule which allowed me to greatly increase my
score/fun by working the few I could hear (I had 38 dupes).

Rig: IC-746 @ 100W
Ant: Cushcraft R8 (w/tuner for 80m @ ~30W - ugly): groundmounted, no radials
Logging: WriteLog 10.28C
RTTY: MMTTY (first use in a contest)