[3830] RSGB 21/28 CW G4PIQ/P Open HP

g4piq at btinternet.com g4piq at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 22 20:29:32 EDT 2001

                     RSGB 21/28 MHz Contest, CW

Call: G4PIQ/P
Operator(s): G4PIQ
Station: G4MRS

Class: Open HP
QTH: JO02PB

   15:    289     78
   10:    209     60
----------------------
Total:    498    138  =  205,758

Club: Martlesham DX & CG

Comments:

Rig : 2 x FT1000MP + PAs. 400W.
Ants : TH5 @ 24m + A3 @ 26m

Well - I think I can safely say that this was a pretty different contest from
the SSB leg! For one thing, 10m wasn't so good that I ended up missing W4 & W5
on 15 for one, but what am I doing running a 21/28 contest when folks are
working aurora on 2m from the latitudes of 9A & HA.

Started about 15 minutes late for a variety of reasons, but mostly through
being stupid enough to stay up late working a few people in WAG from home and
then sleeping through the alarm - oh yes - and the garage where I'd planned to
pick up snadwiches on the way to the station was shut as well.

Only worked one JA on 10m - that was through moving someone loud on 15 to 10
and was actually pretty easy - should probably have tried some others as well.

The simultaneous WAG contest was a real pain in some ways - all the stations
who wouldn't work me 'cos they were in the other contest - including the odd
mult, but what can you do. However - they were also useful extra meat to pick
off on the second radio - though really hard work in one ear with mostly the
weak scattery signals - worked about 50 of them.

Don't know how others got on - all I know is that I wasn't getting many 001s as
serials so couldn't have been doing well enough.

This contest is definitely too close to CQWW SSB. Was sitting there today
thinking about everything which needs to be done and how little time there is.
Good job it rained all contest since that focussed me better on the contest
than thinking about going outside and working on stuff!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com