[3830] CQWW SSB NE9Z SOAB HP

ne9z at earthlink.net ne9z at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 29 13:21:15 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NE9Z
Operator(s): NE9Z
Station: NE9Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Moran, WY

  160:      5      4      5
   80:     16     10     13
   40:     40     19     31
   20:    152     28     86
   15:    173     29     94
   10:    129     29     83
-------------------------------
Total:    515    119    312  =  624,088

Club/Team:

Comments:

I'm in an isolated valley in the Northwest corner of Wyoming.  My QTH elevation
is 6900 ft. but surrounded by 8000 ft. "hills" on the North, East & South
sides; however, I do have a good "shot" to the West towards the So. Pacific.
Missed Zones 26, 34 & 36.  I couldn't break the SU1SK pile for zone 34 and
could not find any 5As.  I could not find any of HS boys for zone 26 and I
couldn't find any ZD8s or others for zone 36.  Except for the collapse of the
bands Saturday night & Sunday morning, I had a great time & exceeded my own
contest SSB record for a "peanut" station surrounded by mountains.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com