[3830] CQWW SSB K4ZW SOAB HP

k4zw at staffnet.com k4zw at staffnet.com
Mon Oct 29 13:54:11 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4ZW
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

  160:     23      7     16
   80:    118     19     64
   40:    131     22     73
   20:    748     31    114
   15:   1017     35    132
   10:   1445     38    127
-------------------------------
Total:   3482    152    526  =  6,805,764

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

  10 meters Saturday evening was as good as it gets.  JA's were loud and
plentiful.  Had a bunch of BV's, YB's, DU's and XV9TH answer my CQ's.  Sunday
was a little like trying to run a race with the parking brake on as far as
props go.

  One of my goals this year, is to try and improve my multiplier totals.
They've been a little weak at times last year as compared to other SOAB scores.
 So far, so good.  Now if I could somehow master the art of generating some
sort or run, however small, on 40 SSB.

  This was also the first time I ran a contest for the full 48 hours.  I didn't
really plan it going into Friday night.  It just worked out that way.  Call it
luck or whatever but this time it wasn't a big struggle to keep going. ( I
suspect that might change as conditions start to tail off during the upcoming
years)  I don't know how much of an impact this had, but about three weeks
prior, I really started to push myself in the heath center in the hopes of
boosting my stamina a bit.  I also laid off caffeine during this period hoping
that when I did need it during the weekend, it might be more effective.
  Have a few station maintenance items to tend to like an overloaded T2X
rotator that started to act up during the weekend and some intermittent
connection in the 10 meter antenna system.  Nothing that impacted my overall
score but just some of the routine things that go into keeping a station
running.

  I'll be over in JT land for WW CW.  I think I'll be doing the single op thing
but if not, then it will likely be a multi/something with my hosts JT1CO and
JT1BG. In any event, count on some good zone 23 activity.

73
Ken K4ZW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com