[3830] CQWW SSB N9RV SOSB/15 HP

pbarkey at bsu.edu pbarkey at bsu.edu
Mon Oct 29 21:56:07 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: IN

   15:   2623     37    144
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:   2623     37    144  =  1,352,613

Club/Team: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a memorable contest.  I am constantly amazed at how
the WW brings contesters out of the woodwork.  It was
especially gratifying to hear all of the activity from
Asia (I worked 603 JA's, and many Chinese and South Koreans).

The solar disturbance was not as bad as it looked like it
could be here.  By 1400z Sunday it was picking up to Western EU,
and by 1700z the band was good all the way to UA6.  But the
UA9's were totally gone.  Listened to the W1's working stuff
I couldn't hear for the first two hours of daylight, though.

The auororal event caused some interesting propagation.  I worked
an FK8 due north at 0500 the first night.  Every other direction
was hiss.  And, for the first time in my ham radio career, I heard
a South American station (PZ) coming in bent path.  He peaked at
about 50 degrees with big flutter at 1100z Sunday morning.  Too
bad I couldn't raise a peep out of him.

See you all on CW.

I wish now that I had done a better job configuring my
station for this category.  This should be a record year
for somebody, but not me.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com