[3830] AADX SSB VE7FO SOAB LP

jimsmith at home.com jimsmith at home.com
Mon Sep 3 05:04:57 EDT 2001

                     All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7:50

   40:      1      1
   20:     53     27
   15:    163     72
   10:
----------------------
Total:    217    100  =  21,700

Didn't intend to go into this but wanted to see effect of antenna changes.

Since NAQP SSB the tribander has been raised from 40 to 50 ft, center of
dipoles raised from 40 to 45 ft, and a support for a 30 ft mast for dipoles has
been installed in the front yard.  While the concrete is curing I temporarily
attached the 2x2 mast I removed from my neighbour's hedge (see NAQP SSB story)
to the new mast support and attached the dipoles to it so they aren't bent
around the corners of the roof deck any more.

I had a number of committments for the weekend so didn't get much time in and
missed most of the good JA time.

As usual, heard nothing on 10.  Have to devise a means of monitoring 10 for the
openings everyone keeps talking about.  Made most of my Qs on 15 but very high,
steady noise level of S7 made things difficult.  Heard lots of answers to my
CQs that I couldn't quite pull out of the noise.  My apologies to all who
didn't get through.

Heard and worked 1 JA on 40 on Fri night.  Heard 1 JA on 40 on Sat night.  Same
one, of course.

Breakdown of my 217 valid Qs
Asiatic Russians - 6
Taiwan - 1
Korea - 3
Japan - 207

Couldn't really tell if antenna height change made any difference.  My rate was
its usual abysmal self.  Might have been a lot better without noise, though.

Anyway, thanks for the Qs and see you in WAE SSB I hope.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com