[3830] NA Sprint CW K4RO HP

k4ro at k4ro.net k4ro at k4ro.net
Sun Sep 9 04:10:04 EDT 2001

                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: K4RO
Operator:
Station:

Power: HP
QTH:

   80:     61   0
   40:    126   22
   20:    103   24
----------------------
Total:    290 Qs   46 Mults =  13,340

Club/Team: Team Beam SE

Comments:

 This is the contest which demonstrates who the best operators
 are, both in score and in hearing them on the air.  Operating
 the CW Sprint is such a blast, because you get to work the best
 of the best, and learn as you go.

 Highlights:
 -----------
 W4AN's FB team-gathering effort.

 Hearing VE3EJ on the air after what must have been an
 incredibly traumatic experience.  Glad you're OK John.

 The tribute to Sharp.  I never knew the man, but from what
 I hear he was a FB beacon of a contester.

 My best start ever in the Sprint.  I know I can do 300+ if I
 can learn to keep my head together when it gets frustrating.

 The station worked great.  Literally no problems at all.

 The DX Sprinters.

 Lowlights:
 ----------

 The QRN.  80 meters was not the usual rate-fest.
 Falling down after my best start ever.  I thought 300+
 was in reach, but then I just fell apart.

 Bottom line:
 My skills are improving, but I've still got a lot of learning
 to look forward to.  I guess that's what makes this so fun.
 Want to know how well you really measure up as an operator?
 Want an incredible 4-hour adrenaline rush?   Try the Sprint.
 You'll get both.  C U in February.  -Kirk  K4RO

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com