[3830] NA Sprint CW W6YX(N7MH) HP

mikeh at airflash.com mikeh at airflash.com
Sun Sep 9 16:53:30 EDT 2001

                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: W6YX
Operator: N7MH
Station:

Power: HP
QTH: CA

   80:     29
----------------------
Total:    281 Qs   44 Mults =  12,364

Club/Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Heard 2 mults I didn't work, W5WMU in LA and N0AH in WY.  That's one of the
real frustrating parts of this contest - if you hear a mult on the wrong end of
a Q or he doesn't come back to you in a pileup he may be lost forever.

Took about 5 tries to get Trey's call.  Finally rotated the 6 elements on 20
that I had been pointing 60 degrees north of him and then I could copy fine.
Missed the HP, XE, CO, and KL7.

Couldn't effectively do SO2R with the kludgey 2-computer setup I had used in
NAQP CW.  I think my score suffered because I tried too hard to listen on
another band at the same time and didn't have enough CQ's of my own on the air.
 By February we hope to have a SO2R box so that the software takes care of this
for us.

-Mike, N7MH

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com