[3830] WA Salmon Run NN1I/8 SO SSB LP

nn1i at arrl.net nn1i at arrl.net
Mon Sep 17 13:17:03 EDT 2001

                     Washington State Salmon Run

Call: NN1I/8
Operator(s): NN1I
Station:

Class: SO SSB  Power: LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:                4
   20:               16
   15:               20
-----------------------------------
Total:       0       40       18  =  1,940

Some contest groups cancelled their activities last week to show their respect
to all victims of the terrorists attack. I consider it is appropriate to have
an Amateur Radio contest to demonstrate our preparedness as emergency
communicators. Many hams provided Amateur Radio Emergency Service in New York
and Washington areas. Our Amateur Radio licenses are given to us so we can
become emergency communicators when needed. During the contest we tested our
equipment and sharpened our skills, and the rest of the World could hear us on
the bands. I did not have fun participating WA Salmon Run Contest this time,
because there are still pictures of terrible crime on TV and Internet, and I
could hear some hams are talking about recent tragedy. However, I am proud of
being American Amateur Radio Operator.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com