[3830] WPX SSB WB0TRA SOAB LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Apr 1 08:42:52 EST 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WB0TRA
Operator(s): WB0TRA
Station: WB0TRA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Annandale, MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I found 80m & 40m very noisy; got a few Qs but all were difficult.  I also
confirmed that I have a bad run of coax up to the dipole.  I think that cost me
on low band contacts, plus contributing to some RF in the shack.  I took time
off from operating for doing station demos for budding contesters, and hopefully
hooked a couple for future operations.  My high point of the contest was hooking
A61AJ for new country # 197.  Never been able to break the pileup on him before,
but found him CQing and lonely at one point during the contest.  I discovered
after the contest that two spots had been posted for me on the cluster while I
was attempting a run on 15m.  I didn't know at the time, but thanks guys.  I had
nearly a dozen contacts thank me for the multiplier.  Did we not have enough
WB0s on the air?

Lee, WB0TRA