[3830] CQ WPX 2002: 8P2K SOSB LP 15

Dean M. St. Hill vision2000 at sunbeach.net
Tue Apr 2 03:02:14 EST 2002

Conditions were incredible on 15m, so I decided I'd try my hand at this
category. I did waste some valuable time on 20m for about 46 Q's which of
course can't be claimed.

Also, my sister was getting married, so I had to go to the weddng. I worked
through the first night, and took the rest time to attend the wedding which
was being held at 1400z on Saturday, and so I had to work during some tough
times for 15m operating, and all I was thinking at the wedding was missing
all the great EU openings. C'est la vie.

Most interesting discovery was how well a 160m sloper and an 80m CW sloping
dipole loaded and gave options to the two beams. Next time though, must try
to add a fixed south pointing beam to the arsenal - it would have helped
geting a solid signal into SA. Also needed a longer boom beam for JA but
then... bigger is always better.

Here are the stats:

Valid QSO's:    2126

Points:              5186

Prefixes:             829

Claimes Score: 4,299,194

Time on:              30.5 hours

See you next year. QSL's go via KU9C.

73, Dean - 8P6SH - 8P2K in the big contests

[Virus scanned by SunBeach - http://www.sunbeach.net]