[3830] WPX SSB OH0A(OH4XX) SOSB10 HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Wed Apr 3 00:33:38 EST 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OH0A
Operator(s): OH4XX
Station: OH0A

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: Geta berg, Aaland Is

   10: 1273

Club: Contest Club of Finland

Comments:

Continent Statistics
 OH0A   CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST    Single Operator     31 Mar 2002
1948z

                 	 10  ALL   percent

North America   SSB     134  134    10.4
South America   SSB     109  109     8.5
Europe          SSB     340  340    26.5
Asia            SSB     654  654    51.0
Africa          SSB     17   17     1.3
Oceania         SSB     29   29     2.3

        Rig : FT1000 MP + AL1200, Laptop with N1MMLogger
        Antennas : 5/5 yagis (OH6LI Design, UFB!)

As you can see from statistics above NA propagation was preetty much blocked by
Aurora. All NA station which I could log were coming from SW-W direction. N1MM
logger DVK was working well but I suppose I have to be carefull with that since
I set CQ repeat on Sat and after 10 min endless CQing I fall asleep for a moment
(with CQ on of course!). And yet there had been YV5 calling me, I realized it
after the  contest while checking CLX spots since he had spotted me as a deaf..
well almost wright.. I was asleep.. hihi ;-))  Propagation to Asia was excelent
I counted over 450 JA calls. Thanks for Qso's and cu next time. Thanks to Jukka
OH6LI (OH0V) to use his UFB 10 meter set up at Geta bergen hill top QTH and
thanks to OH0AA to use their club call.

QSL via OH0AA

see more about the station:

http://www.qsl.net/oh0v