[3830] WPX SSB VK4DX SOSB20 LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Wed Apr 10 02:39:50 EDT 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VK4DX
Operator(s): VK4DX
Station: VK4DX

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH:

   20: 1295

The first day was very good. It was kind of difficult to break
into EU QRM and call CQ, either longpath or shortpath, but picking up went
fairly painless. I missed JA's completely the first night but therefore
worked heaps of USA stns. I thought the second night I'll just fix my beam
to north and the usual 500 JA's will be in log in 4 hours. Nope ! There were
almost none. I think I worked altogether 50 JA stations during entire
contest. Other people also complained about extremly small number of JA's
worked. Second night went pretty thin towards USA too, signals were great
and everyone was telling me how good my signal was but there were no
stations to work. Weird !

In the end I managed to reach my target  of 2.422.000 points or more ( last
years winner score )
With a better sleep management I probably could have scored a few more
points / multis.
Let's see what happens in WPX CW soon.

73 Mike, VK4DX    (Please visit "VK4DX Contest Calendar" at www.vk4dx.net )