[3830] EU Sprint CW YL2PN LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Apr 22 09:31:04 EDT 2002

                    EU Spring Sprint, CW

Call: YL2PN
Operator(s): YL2PN
Station: YL2PN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KO26BX

   80:  23      55\'
   40:  34     105\'
   20:   4      20\'
---------------------
Total:  61    Total Score = 61

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

IC-751 (<100 W) + INV VEE multiband 80...10 mtrs @28mtrs AGL

My first attempt for simultaneous participating in FOUR contests
at the same time, two of them CW/SSB, each with different exchanges.

Thanks to God that 4X's @ YU's were no so much during this EU SPRINT event.

Three copies of TR Log v.4.05 + LOGGER v.8.1 + another stuff under WIN 98
worked pretty bad - was not able to use keyboard for exchanges anyway -
(only 1 parallel port used by four softwares).
And thanks to my bad ears, that I didn't heard any GA DX CW participant
during EU SPRINT time.
I was ready to open fourth MS-DOS shell with copy of ol' good Tree's Log.

So straight key workin'... with multiple windows flying lonely on screen
plus band switchings on radio and (I hope, sincronous) in each LOG
(my IC-751 is too lazy to do it automatically via software);
plus paper/pencil LOG writing for "rate's copy" when TR Log "eats" sum Q's;
plus some tired feelings from morning's ES OPEN crazy contest in terrible
AURORA conditions;
all it made this evening SPRINT in SPRING vy enjoyable for me.
         CONCLUSIONS:
NEGATIVE:
Here's an wellknown russian ad:
When You try to catch two hares/pugs under eggs at the same time,
you'll catch no one (pug/hare/egg - on Your choice).
But when You try to cath three hares/pugs - You catch a little bit less,
and so on.
During this weekend "participated" in approx 5 Contests:
HOLYLAND, ES OPEN, YU DX, EU SPRINT, GA DX
And now - so much LOGs must be prepared, recalculated and sent ...
POSITIVE:
It's pretty nice to jump between CQ and S&P mode after each QSO.
You need the initial one, but he must switch anywhere - SPRINT rules -
how to predict - up or down? 50 per 50 percent, like Marconi and Popov.
It's nice to see how bad works any computer aided hardware in extreme condx.

Get a lot of fun - IMHO, it's our goal in HAM radio -
inspite of wide discussions on selfspotting pluses and negations and
on active transmatches in closet with only 13.8 kW instead of 15 kW claimed.
- and I get it.

Sri for bandwidth,
tnx for Q's

YL2PositiveNegative