[3830] NAQP CW N0HF Single Op LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Aug 4 12:40:21 EDT 2002

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N0HF
Operator(s): N0HF
Station: N0HF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Boulder, CO

   10:    9     5
-------------------
Total:  504   147  Total Score = 74,088

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC Pikes Peak

Comments:

A jolly good show.  The solar flare made me check everything. I thought I'd
somehow ruined my receiver.  Secondary rig also deaf.  Must be mother nature.
Anyhow, I made an effort to focus on the lower bands which took some effort to
overcome the static crashes.  My favorite band this contest was 80 because I had
made a "poor man's beverage" which consisted of running a coax out to our
electric fence for the horse which is around 150' long in a straight line (after
disconnecting the shocker box, of course!) and using it for a rcv. antenna.  I
could easily copy weak stations that I couldn't hear due to the QRN on my Windom
antenna. Congradulations to all the Grand Mesa Contesters teams and all others
who operated.