[3830] NAQP CW N4VI(@N2IC) Single Op LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Aug 4 13:36:45 EDT 2002

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N4VI
Operator(s): N4VI
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

Total:  743   185  Total Score = 137,455

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMC Pyramid Peak

Comments:

I had the opportunity to use N2IC's station for this one (thanks a bunch
Steve!).  Compared to my dipoles and single radio it was a bit overwhelming.
Attempts at the "2nd radio thing" were even successful a time or two.  I learned
enough to know that with practice I CAN do it!

40m was noisy, 80 was noisier and 160m was s9+10db of noise!  Apologies to many
callers on 80, as the old "gray matter filter" just wasn't good enough to pull
you through.  No beverages up yet so the 80m dipole was both transmit and
receive.

The flare caused the usual brainlock that everything had broken (well the 2nd
radio was handy for something wasn't it!).   Thankfully things picked up again
fairly quickly, except for 10m which never did.

I always forget that the summer NAQP's can be quite the challenge.  At anyrate,
it was a great time and see you in phone NAQP back at the regular qth!

73, chris n4vi