[3830] NAQP CW W6RW Single Op LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Tue Aug 6 12:26:00 EDT 2002

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W6RW
Operator(s): W6RW
Station: W6RW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: So. Calif.

  160:    0     0
   10:   10     6
-------------------
Total:  298   115  Total Score = 34,270

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

FDD/HDD Controller Card went south (to visit Mr. Murphy) 2 minutes before
contest started. Spent next 45 minutes connecting another computer and
installing NA software, so missed most of 10 meter activity (if you want to call
it that). I entered contest to test new antenna system and spent more time
turning antennas and testing different heights for domestic contest purposes
than trying to get good runs going. Managed a couple of good runs when I tried.
Conditions really did suck on the high bands. Also discovered that I really need
to set up a 2 radio system if I want to do this contest seriously! All and all I
discovered that the new antennas work really great and I had a lot of fun even
though the conditions could have been better.