[3830] NAQP SSB N4GN Single Op LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Aug 18 10:26:31 EDT 2002

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N4GN
Operator(s): N4GN
Station: N4GN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KY

Total:  383   158  Total Score = 60,514

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Encouraging to see so many new contesters in this one.  I worked lots of call
signs that weren't previously in my master database.

I gave it my best shot in the CW event (and still just missed the top ten!).  I
had also hoped to make a serious effort in this one, but it just didn't work
out--too many external events conspired against it, and I was only able to put
in about half the hours.  Still, this was my first time to really try out the
SO2R setup on SSB.  It's a lot harder than CW, or maybe I just need more
practice on two-radio SSB!

It also doesn't help that my antennas on 40 and 80 are tuned for CW, so I have
to run them through an antenna tuner on phone.  Really slows down the QSYs.

73,

Tim, N4GN
n4gn at n4gn.com
www.n4gn.com