[3830] NAQP SSB K6IF Single Op LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sun Aug 18 21:44:02 EDT 2002

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K6IF
Operator(s): K6IF
Station: K6IF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Boonville, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    9     5
   80:   15     7
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  750   158  Total Score = 118,500

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

After several false starts, this was supposed to be the first real effort from
my 'new station' in Boonville.  Everthing went pretty well for the first 9 hours
of the contest.  At 03:30z I flipped the switch that 'turns on' the 80 meter
rotatable dipole (normally 'turned off' so as not to interfere with 20 meter
antennas on the same tower), and nothing happened.  It had worked fine the day
before. I don't have another 80 meter antenna, so without it I was pretty much
screwed.  I spent about 30 minutes trying to fix it before giving up in a rage
at 05:28z.  I made 52 QSO's in the last 1:45 of the contest as a result.  Oh
well, maybe next time :-)

Weird conditions on 10 meters.  KH6VV was S9.  I worked K7SV in VA, and heard
but didn't work a CO station just as I was coming back from a break.  That was
it - didn't even hear another NA station (plenty of PY, LU and VK though!).

Thanks much to all those who moved, especially those who moved to 10 or 15 and
heard nothing at all :-)  Congrats to N6MJ for another great score!

            ***dan