[3830] CQWW CW M2D(G4BYG) SOSB(A)/160 HP

J.Lindgren at hull.ac.uk J.Lindgren at hull.ac.uk
Sat Nov 30 23:58:28 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M2D
Operator(s): G4BYG
Station: G3LZQ

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH: East Yorkshire
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  859    12       69

Thanks to John G3LZQ,after several failed attempts we finaly arrived at a design
for a 160m Vertical that would/has survived the severe UK weather.
The effort was realy worthwhile and the results very encouraging.
This was my first serious entry into Single band territory in CQWWCW and was a
treat to have an extended bash at the band.
Using the N1MMLogger program was a breeze and I can Highly recommend it to
anyone. The bandmaps with spots coming in made picking out Mults very easy.
Band conditions were not good for DX and made the contest for me essentialy a
European event. Although several states were worked it was hard work trying to
get over the high static levels in the States.
The first night was better with much higher levels of activity than the 2nd.

Radio was IC746Pro with an Alpha87 Amplifier.
Antennas: 90ft captop and base loaded vertical with 8 raised radials plus a big
ground screen.  Plus a dipole at 60ft for high angle stuff.

Johns shack with all (Mod cons) makes contesting a real pleasure.
I must also thank his wife Trixie for all her help in making this the best
contest weekend I have ever had.
See you next year I hope.