[3830] CQWW CW N2MF SOSB/20 HP

bedward at dreamscape.com bedward at dreamscape.com
Sun Dec 1 02:24:30 EST 2002

                               CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 22-Nov-02, 23-Nov-02, 24-Nov-02

    Callsign Used : N2MF
         Operator : N2MF

         Category : SOSB 20 HP

 Default Exchange : 599 5

             Name : BRIAN J EDWARD
          Address : 3000 HENNEBERRY RD
   City/State/Zip : JAMESVILLE NY 13078
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Salt City DX Assn

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

   20CW     1178        1175       3368       139        38

 Totals     1178        1175       3368       139        38

    Final Score = 596136 points.

I've typically done single band efforts in the CW CQWW as I thought I could
be more competitve in that category plus I get to sleep.  You really learn
the band and your station's capabilities, but when the QSOs fall off of
course there's no place to go! Past years I had done 15m or 10m, but those
antennas had some damage from the previous weekend's ice storm.  So this
year I tried 20m for the first time.  When the band was marginal Friday
evening and Saturday morning, I didn't feel very competitive. It seemed I
really had to battle with the stations to my South and East in the
pile-ups.  When the band came back it seemed I was much more on par with
those stations.

I didn't work Europeans like I expected.  Ran them some on Saturday
afternoon and only briefly on Sunday morning.  The rest of Sunday was a
very slow Search and Pounce and CQing with a low rate of return.  The
Saturday evening opening to Japan was very good however--quite a few hours.
 So QSO total is less than I would have expected. I'm very happy with my
multiplier total, however.  Seemed that lots of interesting countries
showed up on 20m.  Zones missed were 34 and 37.

I'll echo the complaint of some other stations, the lack of IDing.  Cert
ainly is frustrating to listen minutes to a station before the call is
sent, and then find out you've worked it.

Thanks everyone for a great contest.
73, Brian N2MF

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter
within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.