[3830] CQWW CW N2GC SOAB HP

n2gc at aol.com n2gc at aol.com
Wed Dec 4 08:12:01 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC
Station: N2GC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NY

  160:   13     6        7
   80:  135    17       62
   40:  270    27       98
   20:  293    28      107
   15:  386    28      106
   10:  325    27      102

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment Description: TS-940S, AL-1200

Antennas: 160 METERS: 250' LW (SHORTED 80 METER DIPOLE + COAX)
           80 METERS: DIPOLE E/W
           40 METERS: DIPOLE NE/SW
        10-20 METERS: FAN DIPOLES N/S & E/W, 2EL SLOPING WIRE BEAM EU

         ALL ANTENNAS 30-40 FEET HIGH SUPPORTED BY 3 FRAIL MAPLE TREES

First time in a long time that everything was ready to go 24 hrs in
advance instead of the usual last minute scrambling. Was not well rested
before contest though. I like when the contest falls after Thanksgiving
because I can usually sleep late or take an afternoon nap on Friday.
We had very high gusty winds on Saturday, my wire antennas were going
crazy. I had to keep one eye on the swr meter fearing the worst was
going to happen at any time. Conditions on 40 & 20 were challenging
at times this year. The mults were everywhere, first time with DXCC on
10-20, could have had it on 40 if I didn't sleep so long Saturday night.
Thanks to all the guys and gals who went on expeditions, you really make
this contest a whole lot of fun. This will probably be my last serious
effort for a while since we are expecting jr op #2 in February.

Happy Holidays to all
Mike N2GC