[3830] ARRL 160 N0AX Single Op LP

n0ax at arrl.net n0ax at arrl.net
Sun Dec 8 10:05:46 EST 2002

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX
Station: N0AX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WWA

Total:  QSOs = 124  Sections = 34  Countries = 2  Total Score = 9,576

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

In the never-ending battle against noise, esthetics, and the all-powerful seven
BC stations littering my environs, this was kind of a draw.  The bad - too much
time spent worrying about the ground system indoors and unable to put down the
temporary radials due to my XYL's weekend art sales.  The good - did a lot of
work on the indoor ground system and really exercised the FT1000MP's DSP
capabilities.  I spent most of my time too early in the evenings - things seemed
to start livening up from out here in the West after 11:30 PM local.  Planning
on a more intelligent effort (with lots more radials) for the Stew Perry.

So what's the deal on FM5GU?  He was a solid S-9 in the early evening hours out
here both days and responded to my 100 watts in one call when I can't even get a
"?" out of Texas.  If this is superior equipment on Martinique or a terrific
early opening, I would sure like to hear more.  Actually, I'd just like to hear
more :-)  No other Caribbean stations made it through the strong BC junk I'm
fighting at the moment.

73, Ward N0AX