[3830] ARRL 160 K7RE Single Op LP

K7RE at arrl.net K7RE at arrl.net
Mon Dec 9 11:48:45 EST 2002

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7RE
Operator(s): K7RE
Station: K7RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD

Total:  QSOs = 625  Sections = 73  Countries = 4  Total Score = 95,942

This is my first serious attempt at this contest in my 41 years of ham radio.

I have only been on this band 3 times in my whole life, so I had a lot to
learn.

I missed AK and ME for WAS. I never heard them either.

I missed the usual Canadian provinces too: NWT and NT

In addition I missed PR and VI, never heard them.

I never heard any EU or JA stations.

The one real kicker that I missed was NLI! There are more people on that
island than there are in the whole state of SD! Never heard them either.

Rig: Elecraft K-2 and KPA-100 option, 100W.

Antenna 45 foot vertical, top loaded with wires, 1600 SQ foot of radials.

Next year: good receiving antenna, This is a very neat band, I'll be back!