[3830] CQWW CW GU4YOX SOSB/160 LP

bob at beebe77.freeserve.co.uk bob at beebe77.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 11:22:23 EST 2002

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: GU4YOX
Operator(s): BOB
Station: GU4YOX

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: Guernsey Is.

  160:  627    12       58

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

An enjoyable contest this year. I fell to sleep though the first night at around
03.30 (Too much work in the week !) But the second night was exciting, I
couldn't believe being called by HC8N at around 04.00 I was the first UK station
in his log out of only two that finally made it on 160M! I think my most
memorable QSO ever....this spurred me on to 627 Q's with only 70 W ! to an
inverted L at 55'. The noise was bad this year though at times 40+ over nine.
But this is CQWW "The contest". Very difficult to the US this year, I'm sure you
were all there but I never heard a peep. Maybe next year..

73  Bob GU4YOX