[3830] ARRL 10 K1SE(@K4ZW) M/S HP

k1se at mindspring.com k1se at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 15 18:25:04 EST 2002

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1SE
Operator(s): K4EU; K4ZW; K1SE
Station: K4ZW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: K4ZW

   CW: 1504   157
  SSB:  945   169
-------------------
Total: 2449   326  Total Score = 2,579,964

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We topped our total of multipliers from last year; however, we just could not
get any substantial runs going on SSB.
As an aside to the contest and unknown to Ken, K4ZW and myself until this
weekend, we had the pleasure of operating with the Worldwide Single-op winner of
the very first ARRL 10M contest, on 15/16 December, 1973--OM Steve, K4EU, who
operated KZ5NG in the Canal Zone.  (Steve's callsign then was WA4UAZ.)
KZ5NG finished 1st, Worldwide in the S/O class with 790 QSO's and 76
multipliers, for a total point count of 122,056!
Thanks to all the stations that contacted us this year and Seasons Greetings to
you and yours; the K1SE crew is already looking forward to next year!
73,
Bill -- K1SE