[3830] ARRL 10 N9RV SO CW HP

pmbarkey at comcast.net pmbarkey at comcast.net
Sun Dec 15 18:40:09 EST 2002

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: IN

   CW: 2127   143
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2127   143  Total Score = 1,216,644

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My buddy W8LVN couldn't make it down to our annual M/S
for this contest, so I was left on my own to play radio.

Started out serious, but got progressively less so as the
weekend went on.  I knew that we had a social engagement on
Saturday night.  But I didn't know we'd have to leave so
early (about 2230z), and I didn't know the bands would be
so good!  So when my line noise came on at mid-day on Saturday,
I actually quit.

But after about 90 minutes I checked and the noise was gone!
So I contested right up to time to leave for our Xmas party.

After missing that prime time, it was difficult to keep up
the motivation, and ended up stopping at mid-day on Sunday.

This contest is a rate-fest if there ever was one.  It is the
only contest where you can run US stations with your keyer turned
up to 38-40 WPM (since you don't "run" in the Sprint, that one
doesn't count).  Really neat.  Its fun to see what 10 meters can
do when absolutely everyone is on the band.  It can do a lot more
than most of us think!

Congrats to all the high scorers out there.