[3830] ARRL 10 N5IA SO SSB QRP

n5ia at zia-connection.com n5ia at zia-connection.com
Sun Dec 15 21:07:13 EST 2002

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5IA
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: NM

   CW:
  SSB:  92     42
-------------------
Total:  92     42  Total Score = 7,728

I had short periods to operate on Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, Sunday
morning and Sunday afternoon for a total of just over three hours.  This was the
first time for the Elecraft K2 to be on 10 Meters.  I was amazed at the
performance and the reports, both signal and audio, that I received while
casually S & Ping from .300 up to .700 a total of three times.

I did not work every station I called but approximately 80% responded on the
first or second call.  First calls got CT8T, EI3JE and D44TD among others while
those stations were running hot and heaavy.  Amazing.

Looking forward to using the K2 in the Stew Perry Distance Challenge in two
weeks.  Happy Holiday season to everyone.  Milt, N5IA