[3830] ARRL 10 N5FPW SO SSB QRP

n5fpw at webworkz.com n5fpw at webworkz.com
Mon Dec 16 12:45:46 EST 2002

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N5FPW
Operator(s): N5FPW
Station: N5FPW

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: North Carolina

   CW:
  SSB:  431   112
-------------------
Total:  431   112  Total Score = 96,544

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This was my best 10-meter QRP contest ever and except my increased local QRN
level Sunday afternoon (which was a chore) I had a ball.

The domestic E-skip opening on Saturday night was a really neat event. Never
heard the late night Asia opening I heard others talking about, but the Es
opening was fun to track on a map as the cloud moved from the northeast through
the Ohio Valley into the southwest US. It really helped with 13 new mults I did
not work last year (48 domestic versus 35 last year).

I got a very special treat during the contest by working a V5 and the XT2 for
new countries and a CN (new country on 10). Must have caught both well before
they were spotted as I got both on the first call and they seemed real lonely.

I want to pass along a very special thanks to all the stations who were so very
patient and stuck in there to work my weak signal. Your patience and courtesy
was sincerely appreciated. I hope next year is half as good as this year with
the declining sunspot numbers.

BTW - were was my old friend NU4Y at VP5DX? No VP5 this time around and I really
missed chatting with Jim! Happy holidays to all and 73.