[3830] ARRL 10 W8TN M/S HP

N6HC at aol.com N6HC at aol.com
Tue Dec 17 12:32:10 EST 2002

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W8TN
Operator(s): W8TN, N6HC
Station: W8TN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WVA

   CW:  529   122
  SSB:  537   138
-------------------
Total: 1066   260  Total Score = 830,440

The Ten meter contest weekend found me consulting in SE Ohio.  I didn't bring my
FT-100 along as my accomodations were not conducive to amateur radio.  After
many calls to local hams, Clark, W8TN, agreed to allow me to join him in a
multi-single effort.  What a stroke of luck!  Southern hospitality is alive and
well in WVA.  Clark & Evelyn were the most gracious hosts I have ever met.  They
opened their beautiful home to me and my wife Sherry for the entire weekend!
The food was plentiful, the company grand, and the radio station played very
well once we got WriteLog to behave itself.  We missed Friday night but worked
most of Saturday and Sunday during daylight hours.  Although we didn't set any
scoring records for this contest, I can assure you that we set the record for
becoming fast friends.  I will miss my new contesting partner when I return to
California, but I will never forget the fun we had together "mining" ten meters
for QSOs this past weekend.  Thanks Clark & Evelyn!