[3830] ARRL 10 AA4LR SO SSB LP

aa4lr at arrl.net aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Dec 17 18:44:23 EST 2002

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: GA

   CW:    0     0
  SSB:  265    68
-------------------
Total:  265    68  Total Score = 36,040

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
K2/100
K1KP-style single message voice keyer
Heil BM-10

Antennas:
A3S at 49.5'

Comments:

I had intended a half-way serious effort, but my wife had other plans! She was
furiously studying for final exams, and I was busy trying to help her catch up
with other chores. Came down with a bad cold Sunday, so no operating then.

Still managed to get on the air for some 10m fun. First evening seemed somewhat
sparse. Second evening, I remembered to turn the beam NORTH. Called CQ for the
next 2 hours with a great rate from all over the US. Seems like the band was
open after 0200z, just very few people on the air.

K2/100 was fantastic. Cranked out 100 watts for hours with no fuss.
(Occassionally, the VOX got a bit subborn) The receiver in this radio is
amazing. Worked many stations with Q5 copy that would have been inaudible with
my Kenwood.  Didn't mind the strong signals on the band, either. I am very happy
with this radio.