[3830] OK RTTY VE1OP SOAB HP

snichols at mvosprey.com snichols at mvosprey.com
Sun Dec 22 06:48:58 EST 2002

                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NS

   80:
   40:   46  228    22
   20:  220  363    55
   15:  109  195    41
   10:   99  165    41
------------------------
Total:  474  951   159  Total Score = 4,878,630

First time in this contest for me. I'm really beginning to enjoy RTTY
contesting...

Didn't start until Saturday morning at 0900 so missed the first 9 hours of the
contest..Propogation good to EU on all the high bands until late afternoon
Saturday, then EU strong on 40 metres for the grand finale...

Equipment : FT1000MP, AL811 H amp loafing at 400 watts, 4-el tri-band beam at 48
feet, dipole for 40 m...Used Writelog with MMTTY because my #1 contest software
(N1MM Logger) doesn't support this one yet...Worked FB except for at least a
dozen MMTTY Window freeze-ups, not sure what's going on there..Simple re-boot
fixed the problem...Came back down to the shack after supper for the last couple
hours and couldn't transmit FSK for some reason...RigBlaster was keying, but the
radio was not...15 minutes of panic, tearing everything apart and re-hooking it
up again solved the problem...Loose something somewhere...

Had lots of fun, see you again next year, when I'll participate for the whole
contest...Thanks for all the QSO's..Had many stations on 3 and 4 bands.

Scott VE1OP