[3830] RAC Winter VA3NR SOAB HP

va3nr at arrl.net va3nr at arrl.net
Sat Dec 28 15:58:54 EST 2002

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VA3NR
Operator(s): VA3NR
Station: VA3NR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ON

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:    6     16       1         2
   40:   61     59       8         8
   20:   54    117       7         9
   15:   63     66       5         9
   10:   18     36       7         6
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  202    294      28        34  Total Score = 219,232

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: TS930, AL811 at 400-500 watts, HF6V vertical & 40M inverted-V.

First time running this test with an amplifier. Fun to see the calculated rate
above 150 QSOs/hr.  My best actual hours were 16 & 17Z, each with over 85
QSOs.

Incredible short skip.  We could here Ontario on 20M most of Saturday, and even
on the higher bands it was easy to find workable Ontario stations where its
usually a struggle.

Missed Friday night, otherwise maybe I could have been a contender (Not!)
See you next time.

73, Chris VA3NR