[3830] RAC Winter VE3WO SOSB/40 LP

ve3wo at rac.ca ve3wo at rac.ca
Sun Dec 29 18:26:44 EST 2002

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3WO
Operator(s): VE3WO
Station: VE3WO

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Sudbury, ON

   40:  118     32       9         7
Total:  118     32       9         7  Total Score = 13,568

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Could only play for 4 hrs on Friday night.  Maybe it was a Sudbury-only
phenomenon, but condx here on 40m were horrible.  I couldn't get the skip to sit
still, which made running kind of difficult.  The downside was poor QSO numbers,
but the upside was a pretty decent mult count as a percentage of my QSO total.

Particularly humbling experience:  during a slow period, I listened in on VE3EJ
running 40m SSB.  I counted, so I'm sure; 8 consecutive stations worked by John,
and I could not hear a single one of them.  Took a break for a bit after that,
hi...

Had fun, as usual, and nice to work so many CCO'ers!
Go Go CCO!

73 Travis VE3WO
ve3wo at rac.ca

Secretary, Contest Club Ontario