[3830] ARRLDX CW IU2M(I2WIJ) SOSB/40 HP

i2wij at qsl.net i2wij at qsl.net
Wed Feb 27 04:42:49 EST 2002

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: IU2M
Operator(s): I2WIJ
Station: IU2M

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:

   40:    661     56
----------------------
Total:    661     56  =  111,048

Club: Marconi Contest Club

Comments:

IC-765, TL-922, Hy-Gain 2-el yagi.

What a lucky event: I catched the only snow fall of this extremely dry winter
season!!!
This brought me a nice s9/s9+20 noise floor for almost the whole first night.
I also had a lot of dupes: 6%!! (41 out of the 702 total).
I'm wondering what the reasons could be. I suspect the crowdy band and the high
noise gave me a hand on this side.
My total-qso target was higher but I learnt a lot in any case and I had some
funny hours as well.

CUAGN in the next one, hopefully in better conditions.
Bob, I2WIJ