[3830] NN6NN ARRL RTTY RU M/S HP

Ron Lodewyck RLodewyck at stan.csustan.edu
Tue Jan 8 02:32:34 EST 2002

                      ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NN6NN
Operator(s): W6XK and N6EE
Station: W6XK

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

    80:     26
    15:    415      <---Multipliers --->
    10:    342        W-VE    DX     Total
Total:   1183        59     54      113   =  133,679

Club: Northern California Contest Club NCCC

Comments:
We set a goal of more Q's (made 90 more), more mults (made 4 more), and less
score reduction (we're pretty confident!), so we're really pleased with our
performance this year.  Same radio (one TS870), same amp (Alpha), same
antennas (Force 12 tribander at 70 ft + 2L on 40M @ 80 ft + 80M inv V), but
added K6STI and MMTTY plugins to Writelog for improved weak signal copying.
So did our operating improve? Or were conditions and/or participation
improved over last year?  Probably a combination of both.

Thanks everyone for all the Q's.  Worked several on all five bands including
N9PQU and K6LL and many on four bands.  80M was totally devoid of activity
except for a narrow one hour window, so it was tough to get us on all five
bands...

Congrats to K9NS, W3PP, W0SD and W5KFT for terrific M/S scores.  We haven't
figured out how you guys do it yet, but you can be sure we're working on it!

73 and see you in the WPX RTTY contest in February.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com