[3830] RTTY Roundup PJ2T(NW0L) SOAB HP

martyt at pobox.com martyt at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 18:55:54 EST 2002

                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): NW0L
Station:

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Curacao

   80:      0      0
   40:     79     79
   20:    424    424
   15:    406    406     <---Multipliers --->
   10:    512    512     W-VE    DX     Total
Total:   1421   1421      56     58      114   =  161,994

Club: Caribbean Contesting Consortium

Comments:

First RTTY contest from the "new" Signal Point shack on Curacao (formerly owned
by PJ9JT), and my first RTTY contest from the DX end. Excellent conditions and
a great QSO rate (right at 59 per hour on average for the duration of the
contest, but well over 75 per hour for the first 11 hours). Was running
neck-and-neck with ZF2NT for most of the contest, but I fell behind at the end
-- just couldn't get a good sustained run going during the last several hours
of the contest. I'll be interested to see how we compare on multipliers.

I used WriteLog and the MMTTY plug-in, and experienced about 6 lock-ups of the
MMTTY software for no obvious reason. WriteLog was, as usual, bulletproof. And
MMTY printed signals that I could barely even hear -- it's amazing to me that
software as good as this is FREE to the amateur community. Thanks to Mako,
JE3HHT for making it available.

Thanks to all who called me, and a special thanks to the Caribbean Contesting
Consortium and especially Geoff, W0CG, for making such an excellent station
available to the contesting community. More info on the CCC and the PJ2T shack
is at: http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc

Please QSL PJ2T via KN7Y.

Thanks & 73,

-Marty PJ2T / NW0L