[3830] NAQP CW K5TQ M/2 LP

AA5B at arrl.net AA5B at arrl.net
Mon Jan 14 11:30:49 EST 2002

                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: K5TQ
Operator(s): K5TQ, AA5B
Station: K5TQ

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 11+

  160:     48     21
   80:    197     46
   40:    371     55
   20:    390     54
   15:    256     49
   10:    178     44
----------------------
Total:   1440    269  =  387,360

Club/Team:

Comments:

10m: Dipole @ 30 ft.  Station #2.
 15m: Dipole @ 45 ft.  Station #2.
 20m: Wilson tribander @ 45 ft.  Station #1.
 40m: Dipole @ 45 ft.  Station #2.
 80m: Sloper @ 45 ft.  Station #1.
160m: Sloper @ 45 ft.  Station #1.

Finished way behind the pack in m/2, but I think we did okay with
the hardware available. Dipoles on 10/15 and very low antennas on
80/160 just aren't going to complete very well. We had a lot of fun
anyway, and that was pretty much the only goal. Good thing, eh?!

With the current station configuration (different rooms, no
computer networking,...), it was difficult for us to know anything
about the other operator, so passing multipliers was almost out
of the question. Had to vacate the house for much of the first
hour while a real estate agent came through with clients, and
that didn't help much either.

My station was stuck on a slow 40-mtr band in the last few hours,
so I watched the movie Contact on the computer's DVD drive while
CQing and IMing with a daughter away at college. Almost as much
fun as SO2R!

Congratulations to N2IC, N2NL, W4AN, K5KA, and N5TJ on some
amazing scores.

    -Bruce AA5B

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com