[3830] ARRL10 AA4LR SO Mixed LP

aa4lr at arrl.net aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Jan 14 22:15:50 EST 2002

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: GA

   CW:     39     22
  SSB:    306     93
----------------------
Total:    345    115  =  88,320

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Station:
Kenwood TS-430S
Cushcraft A3S @ 49 feet.

Comments:

Not entirely sure on all the multipliers -- I'm sure the contest judges will
correct any mistakes.

Just a part-time effort for the club. Put in an hour here and there as I could
escape from the honey-dos. Probably should have spent more time on CW. Got a
few short runs in on phone, and managed to catch the european opening Saturday
morning. Band opened like the popping of a cork. One minute the Europeans were
S6, and couldn't hear me at all, then they were S9+, and I got through on the
first call.

Also got to watch the band close Friday and Saturday night. It's very
interesting how propagation changes quickly as the band goes out. First it
would get very long, with a lot of japanese stations, then it would swing
south, with Austrailia and New Zealand before quitting entirely.

Great to enjoy ten meters when it is so strong and full of activity.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com