[3830] NAQP SSB K6LA SOAB LP

widelitz at gte.net widelitz at gte.net
Sun Jan 20 23:22:23 EST 2002

                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

  160:      6      4
   80:     48     20
   40:    139     46
   20:    293     59
   15:    258     59
   10:    312     57
----------------------
Total:   1056    245  =  258,720

Club: SCCC

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Personal best in QSOs, mults and score. First time over 1,000 QSOs in NAQP.

Could have done a little better but lost an hour of prime time (2100-2200) to
watch the 2nd half of my daughter's all-star soccer game. I had asked the XYL
to call me if it was close at the half (they lost to this team 7 - 1 last
weekend.) It was tied at the half so I made the trip, but they wound up losing.
Oh, well.

As others have noted, an usual amount of YLs and VEs on the air for this one.
Also, only had 2 dupes call in. As usual, I got creamed on the low bands.
Couldn't find a good spot on 40 and couldn't be heard on 80 (although I was
mesmerized for a while listening to N6MJ work his magic on the low end of 40
and moving guys to the low end of 80.) He was so smooth and fast I couldn't
steal his 40 meter frequency despite his moving 3 mults while I was listening.

73, Ken, K6LA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com