[3830] ARRL VHF Sweep K2UOP Single Op HP

k2uop at raven-villages.net k2uop at raven-villages.net
Mon Jan 21 13:23:55 EST 2002

                     ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K2UOP
Operator(s): K2UOP
Station: K2UOP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

   50:    112     41
  144:    103     33
  222:     33     20
  432:     39     21
  903:      5      3
  1.2:     16      9
  2.3:      3      3
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------
Total:    311    130  =  60,710

Club/Team: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were so good to Europe on Sat up until just before contest time and
then just went to pot as it usually does that time of day.  But then the
anticipation was so high that Europe would really roll in on Sunday morning,
but
that just never materilized.  Has some interesting conditions on 6M where I was
working the midwest and west coast with the beam set NE.  Couldn't hear them
when I pointed the beam west.  I have been working VHF contests since '56 and I
don't ever remember working so many contacts on CW.  CW lives in VHF and that
is great.  Sorry my deck was covered with snow and I could not put out the
equipment for 3.4 and 10 GHZ.  Thanks to all for another enjoyable VHF contest.
 I hope to see you all in the 160M contest next week.
73, Tom  K2UOP in WV  FM09oi

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com