[3830] ARRL VHF Sweep NS3T Single Op LP

ns3t at arrl.net ns3t at arrl.net
Mon Jan 21 16:50:16 EST 2002

                     ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

   50:     32     10
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------
Total:     32     10  =  320

Club/Team:

Comments:

Unfortunately, we didn't have the band openings of recent
weeks for very long during the contest.  I did manage to find
a few west coast stations during a couple brief openings
on Sunday morning.  The XYL's birthday cut into my op time -
but I didn't seem to miss much.

Two-thirds of my Q/s were CW - I know K2UOP said they worked
a lot of people on CW, but I wish even more would go there.
It just seems like we have a lot of people "yelling" for
contacts on SSB, when a switch in mode would make it easier to
get a contact with little guys like me who don't have major
antenna setups.  Just my two cents.

Should we consider making CW QSO's worth more points as
is done in the ARRL 10 Meter contest?
Hope to have better set up next time.

Jamie NS3T

IC-706 barefoot