[3830] CQ160 CW N5RG SO HP

n5rg at itexas.net n5rg at itexas.net
Wed Jan 30 07:09:02 EST 2002

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N5RG
Operator(s): N5RG
Station: N5RG

Class: SO HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

QSOs: 692  States/Provinces: 56  Countries: 16  Score: 124,920

Comments:

Score down by 14.6K this year from last. QSO down by 42. DX down by 5.
However on the bright side worked ZL1CMY, ZL3REX, and ZL6QH so the SW beverage
installed since last year is working. Couldn't hear and ZL/VK last year. Also
put 12 JA, 4 KH6, 6 XE, 2 F, 2 CT, 2 ZF in the log. Did not work any EU in ARRL
160 so I think conditions were better for this contest
I was surprised not to hear VK6HD and understand he was on. Sorry to hv missed
Mike. Sure could have used the mult.
Was also surprised not to hear/work any KL7 or NE. Where did Nebraska go. None
for me in the CW SS either.
Heard but not worked PY0FF and M0ABC/P. Heard K5RX work both of them but no
response here.
This is only my 2nd go round for this contest so I really dont have a feel for
how it should go but it was fun any way.
Hv plans for additional beverage this spring. Maybe need some more radials
under the xmit antenna.
As always tnx to all for the QSO and hope to CU in ARRL CW.

IC765 / AL 1200
Coaxial Invt L with 30 1/4 wave radials
Beverage RX / 880' X 4

73,