[3830] IARU K3ZO SO Mixed HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Jul 15 00:49:23 EDT 2002

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3ZO
Operator(s): K3ZO
Station: K3ZO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MD

  160:
   80:    49           31
   40:   212     36    51
   20:   560    647    78
   15:   405    442    61
   10:     6      7     9
---------------------------
Total:  1232   1132   230  Total Score = 2,250,320

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Mike, W3MC, who got my prop pitch motor working again and made
repairs to the 80 meter Yagi and 10 meter quad Wednesday, just in time
for the contest.  The line noise was almost completely gone the whole
weekend thanks to the humid rainy WX.  However the rain washed out my
DSL connection forcing me to use this backup dial-up service to make my
report.  Conditions clearly showed that we are well down the slope of the
sunspot cycle now.  To me the proof was that my high 6-el 20 meter Yagi
at 150 feet, which has had little use in the past couple years when my
4-el Quad at 78 feet was dominant on almost all paths, was the dominant
antenna
toward Europe during the hours of darkness for the first time in months.
I worked 31 of the 52 WRTC teams for a total of 52 WRTC QSOs.  I haven't
seen which teams were assigned which calls yet, sure would be nice to know
which ones I worked.  Thought I recognized a couple of voices but it would
be nice to know if my hunches were true.