[3830] IARU N8PW SO CW HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Jul 15 11:25:02 EDT 2002

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N8PW
Operator(s): N8PW
Station: N8PW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: OH

  160:    0             0
   80:    0             0
   40:   95            27
   20:  604            56
   15:  192            41
   10:    7             5
---------------------------
Total:  898     0     129  Total Score = 429,312

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

First real effort at SO2R. Worked late Fridy night to erect an R8 in my front
yard. R8 was only 4' above ground, mounted in a concrete filled 5 gal. bucket.
With a F12 C4S at 55', had minimal interference from vertical. Winter ant's for
160-80 & 40 had been taken down (XYL is adament about mowing the grass).

Start of contest was a real bummer, weak signals & noise until 5:30 PM (EDT),
when 20 came alive. The second radio was handy late at night when things slowed
up.

Always vow to have equipment and antennas all set up way before the contest
begins - finished about 1:30 AM.  Got to work on my skills at the start of a
contest, always way behind goals for the first few hours.

Ran just 500 watts from AL-600, which hangs up and makes it difficult to hear
the first CW tone.  So -- sorry to all the K's who I thought was an A (etc. etc.
etc.).

Really enjoy this contest, lots of fun -see all next year.

73, N8PW