[3830] IARU K0RH M/S HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Jul 15 15:54:49 EDT 2002

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K0RH
Operator(s): K0RH N0NB W0NXS
Station: K0RH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KS (Zone 7)

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    6      1      5
   40:   53     48     20
   20:  422    378     63
   15:   53    274     55
   10:    0     47     15
---------------------------
Total:  534    748    158  Total Score = 744,812

Whew!  Slow bands in the morning with 15 giving us the best performance for the
first 6 hours or so.  20 was quick early one, but quickly became a mass of
dupes.  Runs were erratic (for whatever reason) and our totals were poor until
the CW guy (W0NXS) showed up around 2200z.  I think southern Kansas is the
Blackhole of the blackhole!  Only a smattering of JAs (mostly early on) for us
and no other Asia.  Very few AF as well.  NA and EU made up the bulk of our
score.  I guess next time we'll have to use a better grade of mouthwash!

We didn't specifically count the WRTC stations, but the total was way low and we
came no where close to getting all 52.  Overall we had a good time and exceeded
our personal goals.  We were blessed with very mild weather for July in KS which
made it a bit tougher to really concentrate on the radio with such a nice
day/evening outdoors.

Someday, perhaps, the propagation gods will smile on our efforts.