[3830] IARU K8GU SO Mixed LP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Mon Jul 15 16:47:31 EDT 2002

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: OH

  160:    3      1      3
   80:    8      2      7
   40:   43      3     29
   20:  190    103     63
   15:  120     43     45
   10:    8      4      7
---------------------------
Total:  372    156    154  Total Score = 311,388

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rig:  FT-840
Antennas:  160/80: 80M 1/4 wave vertical, 40: 1/4 wave vertical, 20: Aluminum
dipole @ 33ft, 15: bisquare @ ground level, 10: Aluminum dipole @ 28ft

I failed pretty miserably at my goal to work enough (130) WRTC QSO's for a
T-shirt.  From a rate point of view I wasted a lot of time seeking-out the OJ
stations.  I did end up making 81 QSOs with them, though.  For a little pistol
station like me working the OJ's was kinda like working mobiles in a state QSO
party...they were weaker than the rest of the crowd, but their higher speed and
clean operating style made them quite distinctive...excellent work!

I'm definitely spoiled by rotable beams and multiple rigs...but it was fun to
give it a go from the home QTH, too.  Thanks to all for the great contest!

73 de K8GU, Ethan.