[3830] W1AW/5 ARRL HQ Score

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 19 12:22:57 EDT 2002

Congratulations on a great job representing the USA, Rich.

The Florida Contest Group had a blast two years ago as W1AW/4- you have
taken it to the next level for team USA by interconnecting multiple sites -
hats off to you and W5XD - great achievement - cannot imagine all the
screens in sync at the end of the contest from 6 different sites - WOW!
Talk about knowing who to pass and where to pass them!!!!!

...this was not do-able two years ago but now is history - very very cool -
this is the current level - what will be next?  The HQ Radiosport station
offers an opportunity to do this kind of thing (multiple sites) that no
other  contest can - and as contesters we all love using technology to stuff
our envelopes to the point of breaking, hi!  I know that the logistics of
two years ago were tough - sure would have been nice to gab to "anyone
anywhere" on the network!

Go Team USA!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

& THE Florida Contest Group

FCG #1 WRTC02 - N5TJ + K1TO
FCG #4 WRTC02 - N6MJ + N2NL

...from Sunny Florida where we are awaiting the return from WRTC in Europe
of our President, Dan, K1TO (co- #1)  and VP Jeff, WC4E (a referee)

Should the opportunity to operate one of these affairs ever become available
again I would jump at the chance - it was as they say "a hoot" - being a
unique multiplier by just jumping in your car to go to the local MM
station....neat.