[3830] WPX CW P40Y(AE6Y) SOAB HP

webform at hornucopia.com webform at hornucopia.com
Sat Jun 1 12:09:17 EDT 2002

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: P40Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: P49V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aruba

   20: 1000
   15:  941
   10: 1128

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first WPX CW expedition, operating from Carl, AI6V', fine P49V
location in Aruba. You can really see the Caribbean advantage from here.  For
example, 10 was my most productive band, but it was obvious from the very low
numbers I was getting from NA and EU stations that it wasn't working well
farther north. It's sure fun making about three times as many points as I can
from the home QTH in California.
  Thanks for the contacts.  73, andy, ae6y